Monday, June 14, 2010

They See Me Rollin'...

***As a preface, this post is not meant to be uplifting...so if you're one of those 'look on the bright side' type of person, this may not be a leisurely read.***



I hate traffic.

I hate traffic lights. I hate stop signs. I hate other drivers.

I hate traffic.

Maybe it's due to my impatience, or my lack of optimism, but it is what it is. There is nothing fun; nothing enjoyable, about driving in traffic. I'm a completely different person when I'm behind the wheel. It's actually pretty terrifying. You can actually see my eyes turn to a deep, souless black as I buckle in.

Something about driving stresses me out. If I hit a red light, I instantly think "Man. This sucks. Could this light be any more inconsistent and biased against me?". If another driver is going slow, or is doing something I don't think they should be doing, I make it very apparent that I am not happy. Stop signs? They decrease gas mileage. I do stop, however. I can't afford a ticket BUT I still hate them.

I'm generally a very pleasent person outside the car, in every day life, so don't let this post fool you. Everyone has their pet peeve and mine is driving with idiots. There are times where I feel bad because maybe the moron behind the wheel isn't a moron at all. Maybe this person's situation warrants his lack of driving ability or general cognative activity. Maybe the wife is pregnant or maybe it's an emergency. These 'special occasion' scenarios do run through my mind as I fume with anger, but I figure that chances of them actually needing to drive like they're the only one on the road is slim to none. So they..can suck it.

Again, don't try to use some clever, positive, Mr. Brightside mentality on me. I'm set on my ways. I'm doomed to life full of mild road rage and empty, unwarranted rage to a complete stranger. It's not fair to them, no. But I don't care. Everyone should just read my mind and drive like I want them to. It shouldn't be that hard.

Wooooo sah....

3 comments:

Hopeliz said...

I started laughing after reading just the first sentence of this post. And laughing hard. I can picture exactly how you'd say it. Then, I excitedly read the rest of your post...and laughed harder. Thank you, Brian. How I miss you so!

And yes, I just made a google account so I could comment on this.

Sara said...

Two words: Anger management.

Also...this must run in the family b/c I can SO RELATE!

Good thing I ALWAYS drive perfectly.
Oh wait. haha.

Brian S said...

HOPE!!! haha...I'm glad that you made one. now you can read every single one!!

Sara-
yea, doesn't adam hate traffic too? good thing you drive perfectly so he doesnt have to worry about it...psh....