Monday, February 9, 2009

So it's been a while...

Ok, so I know it's been about forever and a day since I've last written but no time like the present, right? A whole semester of my sophomore year has flown by so it's needless to say, some stuff has happened....more specifically, some crucial realizations. So here they are..

1) I've come to the conclusion that change isn't bad. It's actually quite the opposite. People seem to freak out when they don't have their life laid out in front of them which causes them to settle. They settle for mediocrity. They settle for family. They settle for their job. They settle and quickly become the statistic of the 'American Dream'. They stick to the plan; to their plan; to the plan someone else laid out before their eager little feet. They stick to the plan and become comfortable. They stick to the plan and become bored. They stick to the plan and start regretting everything. They think about veering from the plan and immediately start to sweat. 'What if' starts tapping them on the shoulder and they get anxious. They get excited. They start laying out a different plan. 'What if' brings a couple friends this time as back up. Introducing 'Let's be real' and his right hand man 'It's too late'. This tenacious trio packs a punch; a punch so hard they can't be ignored. This is too much to handle. They start to get back on track. They settle again. They settle and repress. They settle and wipe the dirt off their shoulder and get back to business. This is a trend, a situation, a life, I refuse to be a part of. Change is exciting. It's irresponsible. It's a shot in the dark. It's hit or miss...and more than likey a miss. It's everything the tenacious trio despises...and I'm obsessed. I would much rather spend my life looking for that one (or two, or twenty) 'true' happiness and never find it than give up and cut my losses. That's a cop out. That's giving up. That's suicide in all respects except physically. I have no idea what I'm going to do with my life, and I'm fine with that. I barely no what I'm doing tomorrow. Some may say that's irresponsible, immature, and a potential waste...and I couldn't agree more....

2) I really wanna pursue Advertising still but I also really like traveling and Germany and it's language. We'll see where that goes....

3) I have had second thoughts about college. It still seems like a crap shoot but I do agree in higher education....just not the way it's ran. And I do love college life.

4) I listen to a lot of hip hop and rap....along with everything else except for country. I have no qualms with turning up Lil' Wayne and rolling my windows down. Judge me if you like...but I'm enjoying myself.

5) I've become more sarcastic...not so sure why.

6) I've become far less tolerant to B.S. and I have no problems with letting you know how I feel about the subject. I'll leave it at that.

7) I'm done with the frat life. I've had my fun. It's not for me. Ah shucks.

8) I'm ready to get my own house and live with less than five guys, rather than seventy.

9) People care far too much about what others think. Maybe I've just started to care less...which can be good and bad...depends who you are.

10) Lastly, I'm ready to get my life rollin. I'm done screwin around. I may be a C student, according to my GPA (which is another realization within a realization...crazy, I know) but that doesnt mean I'm willing to work at an average pace. If I see something I want, guarantee I'm gonna try to get it. If I don't get it, however, I'm sure another opportunity will arise. I got time.

I'm sure there's more that should be said considering its been a while and a lot can happen in six months....but I thought this was a good start.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Ohhhh youuuuuu...

So wise. So sarcastic. So just quoted Jay-Z in the middle of being philosophical. haha.

You need to update more. It's a much more insightful way of stalking you.

XOXO!

p.s. You made the quick link again. Congrats...

p.s.s. I think I need more info on some of this. No more frat? House with five guys? I NEED DETAILS!