Monday, August 16, 2010

This...not that.

Man.  It's been a while.  Quite a bit has happened since I last typed something...anything.  Needless to say, I got alot to say. I'll spare the majority of the details or else this post would go for ever.  I just need to get something down to get me back on the 'blogger' straight and narrow.  So here goes...

1. My internship was not at all what I expected.  It was pretty disappointing actually.  But that's what you get when your boss (who shall remain nameless) is an-...I'll stop there.

2. I signed up for Netflix. It's gonna rock.

3. I moved into a new, much more conveniently located, duplex.  It's awesome.  Come check it out!

4.  Cross your fingers for me.  I'm trying to get a dog from the pound and haven't heard back from them.  I hope the application was approved...

5.  I'm trying to get in the habit of not buying anything at the grocery store contains things that A) a third grader couldn't pronounce B) I don't what it is and/or C) has more than 3-4 syllables.  The only exception is cereal.  Take my eyes but don't take my cereal.

6.  This kinda ties in with a recent post by Sara...People are suckers.  They fall into a trap of what's comfortable, or what they're used to.  Try as you may, some are just doomed to a life of repeated decisions.  But hey, you can't say we didn't try.

7.  All the kids came back to Lawrence this past week/weekend.  Classes start Thursday.  It's funny to watch all the what-I-assume-to-be Freshman.  They're so confident.  They're so bright-eyed.  They're so...blissfully unaware.  What I like even better, however, are the ads in the paper for dorm room accessories.  Does anyone else think those are completely ridiculous?  There's always some sort vintage music poster on the wall and the bedding, the lamp, the rug, and the shag chair all match perfectly.  WTF.  Seriously?  C'mon Kmart.  Let's get real then maybe you wouldn't have to shut down a store every quarter.

8.  Why did I just pick on KMart?  I don't even shop there nor do I know of the last time I looked at their ads.  Strange.

9.  I'm helping out a drumline again this Fall WOO WOO!  And I'm slowly teaching myself piano.

10.  I think that's about it. I'll expand on some of these items later.  Some, I'll just leave alone. 

Until next time,
Brian


2 comments:

Sara said...

I would like to know more about #5 and #9. I laughed out loud at #7 and #8 (I also have a Kmart disdain. Guess we can blame the parentals.). Annnd...welcome back.

Oh, and I don't get #1...he was an...???

;)

Brian S said...

in due time...in due time.

and he was a/an (insert select adjectives here). you decide. haha