Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Will Work for Food

Being poor sucks. As a college student, I had never felt the pinch of the penny until recently, particularly within the past few months. My first two years in school were cushioned with help from the parentals but now that I'm all grown up (as they say...some-including myself-may think otherwise) I'm left to my own defenses. I've never known what 'living paycheck to paycheck' feels like until now. Grocery shopping is a drag. I'm real hesitant to go out to eat unless I'm spending less than 8 bucks. Shoot, I've even made a list of cheap, yet healthy, foods. As depressing as this may sound though, I'm enjoying it. I want to see how I do. I'm interested to see the lessons I learn so if and when I strike it rich, I won't forget the struggle that will make all this nonsense worth it.

Ps. Still working on the 2nd part of "Proximity"...and by still working, I mean, I've hit a bit of a road block

2 comments:

Sara said...

I FEEL YOUR PAIN!

Waaah, waaah.

But seriously. We've at least started cooking a few times a week. It was getting ridiculous eating out all the time!

Adam lived about a year on beans and rice...sometimes tuna sandwiches...cereal for breakfast and pudding for dessert. (not kidding)

Soo...there's always that?

LOVE YOUR GRAY HAIRED SISTER THAT BOUGHT SHOE INSERTS LAST NIGHT OH YES I DID.

Brian S said...

haha i have about 8 cans of tuna...at 68 cents a can, you can't beat it!

but as for your inserts...o dear...haha