Sunday, May 9, 2010

On Proximity

Does proximity determine you, or do you determine your proximity? I use the word proximity because that's more of an 'umbrella' term for time, place, etc...the word location is too limiting. I ask this because it brings up some interesting points. Our proximity to things, to locales, to people determines who we are. One might even argue that it has a very heavy influence on your beliefs and values. That said, however, couldn't it be said that we reach a certain point where the tables are turned? By that, I mean, I think we all reach a point in our lives where we decide if we are gonna let this proximity, this intangible tie we have to our surroundings, hold us down. "Hold us down" seems a bit harsh. It's not necessarily bad to stick to your roots. It's just alot harder to leave your mark. I...think there's alot to be said about this, but I got to sleep because there's German material that's not going to study itself tomorrow morning. I'll be back to talk more...

For now,
Yours truly

1 comment:

Sara said...

I'm intrigued...

Part two por favor???